My secondary gestational diabetes test was also negative, so hurray!
Also, today we worked on the nursery quite a bit getting all the carpet shreds and dust up. We also repainted the baseboards. As some of you may remember, the upstairs room used to be (prior to our tenure) a lipstick red with black trim. This required 8 (yes, 8) coats of primer and paint to adequately cover. Well, we left the carpet down when we painted over the trim and so when the carpet came up there was a small strip of black running around the baseboards. Also, one of the roofing guys dropped a hammer through our ceiling which I patched some time ago, but the patch needed painting to match the rest of the ceiling. So that's the sort of stuff we were doing today. That, and sanding off one of our closet doors where NIN was still visible because I'd just painted over it (8 times) instead of scraping off the puffy paint used to write it. Sigh. I mean, Nine Inch Nails are an ok band, but the previous occupant of that room must have really liked them.
I can't wait to get our crib and rocking chair/ottoman. It will be so beautiful and I can't wait to have everything all ready for our baby to come home with us. It will be so nice to have our own little family. I really look forward to it being the three of us. I can't believe there are only about 3 months left! The time is flying!
We go back to the doctor for a check up on Tuesday afternoon, so watch for another post coming soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment