Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Trend?

So Penny has actually slept for the last three nights now. I don't mean she has slept through the night. I mean she wakes up, I feed her, and she goes back to sleep. And, she has started going 4 hours between feedings for one of the night feedings (you count from the start of one feeding to the start of the next). To give you an example, last night I fed her at ~9:30. The whole process - fifteen minutes each side, burping after each, and then holding her upright for 10-15 minutes - takes about an hour. So she went down just before 10:30. I then ate supper and was asleep myself by 11:30. She woke up and I fed her again at 1:30. This means I got 2 whole hours of consecutive sleep. But wait, there's more! I fed her at 1:30 which means she and I went back to sleep at 2:30 and slept until 4:30! Two more hours of sleep. In the SAME night. How awesome is that? Seriously, prior to these last few days I was lucky to get 45 minutes to an hour of sleep in any three hour sleep/feeding cycle. And many cycles, I got none at all because she stayed up the whole three hours through to the next feeding. The hard part was I could never predict which cycle she would sleep and which she wouldn't which just added to my stress over when I would get any sleep. And then there were those times when she never went to sleep at all for twelve to fifteen hours straight. There's a reason sleep deprivation is a form of torture.
Anyway, last night she didn't really ever go back to sleep between the 430 and 730 feedings, but that's ok. Tray took her at 830 and I slept until the 1030 feeding. So two more hours. Yes, that makes 6 hours of sleep for me in one day. I actually feel semi-rested. It's very nice. I hope I don't jinx myself, but I hope this keeps up. I think it will though. As she gets older she'll keep getting better and better I think. I hope. :)

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers