Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Baby

Penny is definitely saying baby - or a close approximation anyway. She got a soft baby doll for her birthday and she says this word which sounds kind of like "jindjy" when she picks it up. She says the same word when pointing to photographs whether or not they feature her or another baby.

Also, for a few weeks she has been pointing to lots of things and saying "cat". We finally figured out she was actually saying "that" b/c we often will point and ask her, "what's that?" So, she points to things and says "that" and I've been telling her whatever "that" is. Well, for maybe the last week when we read a book of hers she would point to things over and over no matter how many times I told her what it was and it seemed like she would get aggravated with me. Last night Tray was next to us as I read to her and she stopped pointing at the book and pointed at Tray's nose and then his eye and then back at the animals in the book. I realized she was pointing to specific parts of the animals. She was wanting me to say "nose" or "ear" rather than "duck" or "pig". So now she has to point at every animals' nose in her books and expects me to say "duck's nose" etc. She can also point out eyes, ears, nose, and mouth on Tray and I (and her stuffed animals), but not yet herself.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers