Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Potty Bear

Ok, so Penny has been exhibiting signs of potty readiness such as almost always letting us know she has a dirty diaper (but not wet ones). I know she is too young to potty train for real, but I figured it would be a good idea to get a potty chair and have it around for her to see and get used to. Well, as soon as I pulled it out of the box she sat on it, and wants to play on or around it all the time. I put it in the bathroom next to our toilet though so we don't go in there all that often. Anyway, over the weekend after we got up in the morning I took her diaper off and let her sit on it figuring I would be having to take her overnight diaper off anyway, so why not let her go without one for a few minutes. Sparing you details - she used the potty! I haven't really put her back on the potty since then except for once, but I've been reading up on the subject and she really is doing a lot of things that indicate she understands what is going on. I am not going to write about it for all the internet to see, but it is pretty cool. Anyway, all that to say that this morning, she took Mr. Bear and sat him on the (clean) potty. For those reading who are not parents, that might sound gross, but it really was very cute. Now, I'm still not going to go into full on potty training for awhile yet, but maybe if we can just let this thing keep developing as though it was all her idea, it just might not be that bad. :)

1 comment:

Troy Mom said...

Sounds like things are progressing as they should without a lot of stress on either party involved. She'll be potty trained before you know it.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers