Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Situated

This evening as Penny was flopping around trying to go to sleep she paused briefly to say, "get situated." That's something we say from time to time in other contexts, but she took it and applied it to herself and I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing.

In other developments, this week I was cleaning up and I stacked her orange rain-sound block on top of the red one. A little later she and I walked passed them to go upstairs and she said, "orange on top of red." I didn't know what she was talking about, but looked over and saw that. I was amazed at her observation first of all, and then secondly I had no idea she understood the concept of "on top of." So we've been playing hide-and-seek with her, taking toys and hiding them places and then telling her where they are to go find them. Like, we'll say "your phone is under pooh bear," or it's "in Daddy's boot," and she always goes right to it. She totally grasps on top, in, under, behind, etc. I had no idea.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers