Thursday, March 11, 2010

Playground

Yesterday after work I took Penny to the playground at the St. Marks bike trail trailhead. It's a "boundless playground," which means it is built in such a way that all kids can play on it - even those in wheelchairs or with other disabilities, which further means that the thing is HUGE. You know how a handicapped-accessible bathroom stall is way bigger than a regular one? Same deal with playgrounds, apparently. And, yesterday, the two of us had the place to ourselves. I was disappointed because I wanted her to play with other kids, but at the same time I have to admit that it was pretty fun to have that huge playground all to ourselves. She climbed up the stairs and went down one of the slides over and over again. At first, every time she got to the bottom she'd immediately say, "do it again," but after I told her, "ok. one more time and then we are going home to see daddy," every time she got to the bottom she'd say, "one more time!" and run back around to the stairs. She went down the slide "one more time" at least five more times. I told her that I think perhaps she was missing some of the more subtle nuances of the phrase. :)

2 comments:

Chris said...

Please let me know when she starts saying "subtle nuances" back to you. If you actually said those words and she parrots them back, that could be hilarious.

sam said...

No, I didn't say that phrase really to her. But if I had she would have repeated it. She repeats all kinds of stuff, and the best part is we never know what part of a sentence she will pick out to repeat.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers