Wednesday, May 19, 2010
And, then,
We have been so busy trying to get our house ready to put on the market, but at least once a day I think about something that I want to post to the blog. But then if I do get a minute online I can't seem to remember what it was. That makes me sad because I'm forgetting things I wanted to remember - which is why I have the blog in the first place. I have two things that I can think of right now. Developmentally, Penny's starting to give orders more rather than just respond to questions, or ask questions even. Now she'll tell me to do something, like "move that there" or "sit here" or "come here." That's kind of neat. She's not too bossy. Yet. The other thing is she's experimenting a lot with is temporal words - before, after, next, then, etc. Today she was playing in the boat outside and "sliding" down the sloped bulkhead (not sure if that's what it is, but I'm calling it a bulkhead - it's on the inside of the boat). I asked her to get down. She said, "slide, then get down" (emphasis hers). Also this afternoon she brought me a small stack of books one by one and when they were all gone she moved to bring me a pillow. As she handed me each book she stated the book's title, and then when she picked up the pillow she said, "and next a pillow too." I think she understands the concept of "yesterday," but she calls anything that happened yesterday, "last night." She's just now starting to use all those words in conversation, but she understands them more than she says because I can explain things to her saying we are going to do such and such and then something else and so forth and she seems to understand. I just love watching her start figuring out concepts like this because it just seems to be totally out of the blue, like I'm not quizzing her on these concepts but she's clearly been working on them herself the last couple days. So, next, I'm going to go get ready for bed. House should be listed this weekend. We are excited! Updates to follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment