Well, today went a lot better with Penny. She did still try to go naked several times, but I decided to just let it go on the theory that my being concerned about it is what's making it interesting to her. Even if it isn't, letting it go is still better for me anxiety-wise.
I'm really busy with school and prepping lectures and dealing with the culture shock of being back in Alabama. It's strange, but there's a lot of stuff that I forgot about living in this area that is just a lot different in Tallahassee. Not totally alien, mind you, but just that subtle bit of "off" that is just enough to be disorienting. It's hard to describe. Actually, I could describe it, but won't. I also feel disoriented because everything is the same like I just left Troy last week instead of eight years ago, but then again everything is just slightly different. Not a lot, but enough. It's like if someone you hadn't seen for eight years just ran up to you and started up a conversation like you had just seen her yesterday, only you were standing there going, "Dude. Eight years."
Anyway, I just finished reading my students' current event assignments for my online class. That's so fun, because even though it is a pain to grade 39 assignments plus replies, I learn so much without having to go and search out current events in the news myself. Did you know, for instance, that the wildfires raging in Russia coupled with the drastic heatwave being experienced there has decimated up to 20% of the wheat crop. And that Putin is considering halting all exports of wheat? That plus the floods in Pakistan (where people need food like, say, wheat) = not good. Just saying.
No comments:
Post a Comment