Penny has this new face that she makes that Tray and I cannot stand. It's a cross between a glare and a glower and is used by her to express her dissatisfaction with something. She knows that we don't like it, so the face itself is like her little way of being disobedient on top of whatever else it is she is doing that precipitated the face.
She also likes to tell on herself if she does something "bad." For example, she isn't supposed to get onto her bed with her shoes on, but she will and then come running to tell me, "I just put my shoes on the bed!" Or I'll get her down and tell her no and Tray will walk in from outside and she'll have to run over to him to announce, "I just put my shoes on the bed!" Not in an excited way, but seriously an admission of something she knew she wasn't supposed to do.
This evening she and I were in her bedroom going night-night, with some gentle coercion from me. It was dark so I couldn't see her clearly, but she announced to me, "Mommy, I'm making that face at you." It is so hard not to laugh at times like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment