Monday, January 24, 2011
Mr. Bear
Penny doesn't really have a security blanket/transitional object, meaning something that she absolutely can't live without. Mr. Bear comes the closest, though lately she's been favoring other animals. When she does want him though, she can be so cute about it. We'd left him out in the living room at nap time and she missed him (I hadn't been too concerned beforehand because like I said the odds were just as likely she wouldn't have noticed.) I handed her another bear of similar size to hold instead. She refused on the grounds of: Not. Mr. Bear. We didn't get up to get him though on the grounds of: stalling tactic. After the nap, she found him and hugged him and said something like, "that other bear was there, but he wasn't you." And the next day after she had napped with him, she proclaimed him to be "very good at sleeping," which I believe was meant as a jab at the other bear's lack of sleeping skills.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mr. Bear will always be the coolest. The. Coolest. Bear.
Dad.
Post a Comment