Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lions

A quickie before moving on to other things: Penny worries about lions. We'll be talking about what animals might be in the woods or in the swamp or something, and she'll always add, "and lions?" And I'll say, "No, lions live in Africa." Or we'll go to the park and I'll say, "we can see some squirrels," or something similar, and she'll worry, "will there be lions?" Or like one day we were taking a walk in the woods and heard something. Penny asked, "what made that noise." Tray said, "maybe it was a squirrel." I said, "maybe it was a bird." Penny said, "or maybe it was a lion." It's just so darn cute in it's ridiculousness.

Corollary: we were listing swamp creatures one day when we passed over one on a drive and she asked me if there were piranhas in that water. I told her that I sure hoped not.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers