Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Back

Gosh, it's been forever since I've posted anything. I go through spells with this blog. Sometimes I wonder why anybody would want to read what I write about, and why exactly I am doing this. And then sometimes I go back through the blog and I am so, so glad that I recorded all those little moments because I can no longer remember what Penny was like as a baby. So, I'll try to do better about posting. Now that the semester has started back I'll have a little more time since I'm at a computer for longer stretches, but then all of my photos are at home.

I wrote that part above at work three or four days ago, and now I'm home with some photos. This weekend we spent a lot of time at our property, and guess what happened? A deer came to check us out. Evidently someone nearby must be feeding the deer because this one was national park level tame. She had two friends with her who were also interested, but not quite as dumb brave as she.

Related: you know how Penny once worried there might be lions in our woods? Well, two or three properties behind us is a zoo. With lions. That roar every evening for an extended period of time (possibly when being fed). No lie.

Also related: Tray recently purchased a new .357

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I see Venison in your future!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers