Penny's obsession/concern with alligators has been long-lived. The other night while I was laying with her as she was going to sleep, she asked me if we could build her cage for her bed. I'm thinking, "?" I asked her why she wanted to sleep in a cage. She said so that the alligators couldn't get her. We had talk number 1 million and one about how there are no alligators in our house.
Then the next day she asked me what do alligators eat. She's asked me this before. I said what I always say, "fish, mostly. Sometimes turtles. A deer when they can get one." She asked me if they eat people. I lied and said no. She nodded. And then asked me if I was afraid of alligators. I hesitated, but said, "well, if I was swimming in a lake and one came swimming over I might be afraid." To which she replied, "Don't be scared, Mommy. If an alligator comes swimming over you just say, 'let's become friends.'" So there you go. Child's going to have a job at the UN one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment