Sunday, August 26, 2012
Leadership
I was talking with our neighbor Aime this afternoon and I learned from her that Penny is quite the bossy-pants at school. Apparently any time Ms Nancy tells one of the other students to do or not to do something and they don't listen, Penny will repeat the instructions to them. For example, when they go into the gym for indoor play time at the end of their morning, they are supposed to stay in the circle on the floor while Ms Nancy goes to get the toys out of the toy closet. If any of her classmates attempt to leave the confines of the circle, Penny will get on to them. They are also allowed to stand up during snack time if they stay in front of their chairs. If any of the kids moves from their zone, Penny will remind them of where they are supposed to stay. I recognize that this will not make her popular in the long run, but I find the behavior hilarious. She is such a stickler for the rules. Just like her mom. She still makes valiant attempts to stay on her sticker during dance class by the way. What I can't figure out is, if she's so good about following directions to the point that she can't stand to see someone else not following them, why doesn't she listen to me when I tell her to do something? Hmm?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment