I have not updated here on the blog since most people were aware of Penny's pneumonia, and also because I just find it hard to write about. There are a lot of painful memories and emotions surrounding her hospitalization. It was a very scary time, and I find the panic rising in my chest even thinking about the details to write them down. So, suffice it to say that she is well now. She is no longer on antibiotics and we stopped doing breathing treatments a few days ago. She's been having residual tummy troubles, but that's almost straighted out too I think.
Personality-wise, she's herself. She's a happy and active 4 year old. She's been back to school since last week and attended dance class on Monday. I confess that I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop. I can count on my fingers the number of fever-free days she's had since mid-October, and everytime one illness would subside, another would begin. So far, she seems to be holding her own though. Thank you to everyone who contacted us or thought of us while all this was going on. Maybe now I can post some fun pictures of holiday activities. Love to you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment