Penny's 1 year doctors appointment today went great. I really have nothing to report other than weight and height measurements. She's very healthy and meeting milestones. Her shots weren't even all that bad. She only cried for maybe 30 seconds. So, it was good report all around. She weighs 17 lbs 12 oz and is 28.75 inches tall.
A couple of other things I talked about with him: I asked about her not sleeping in the carseat and the first thing he asked was does she ever throw up. I said no, so he said that although his first thought was car sickness, if she doesn't throw up probably not. Otherwise, it's probably not that unusual. And I shouldn't worry about having to schedule trips around her naps b/c other moms will often try to schedule things so their baby doesn't sleep in the car and mess up their regular naps. I never thought of it that way and it made me feel better.
I also discussed the saying "ma-ma" backwards thing. He said the best thing to do when they mispronounce things is to praise them by saying, "that's right!" and then saying the word back to them correctly. So you correct them, but they don't even know it. Makes sense to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment