Monday, July 26, 2010

Penny-beeps and Pie-Pies

I keep meaning to post about this, but haven't gotten around to it. I wish now that I had written down when this started, because now I can't remember. At least since May or June Penny has been making up her own silly words and concepts. One day I was changing her diaper and she looked at me and said, "I'm a Penny-beep." I said, "You're a Penny-beep?" She nodded and said, "and you're a Mommy-beep." Daddy is also sometimes a Daddy-beep and there was a box in the dining room that she was playing with for a while there that was sometimes a box-beep. Don't ask me. I have no idea.

She also has invented something called a pie-pie. It seems to be an imaginary food-stuff. She'll occassionally hold her hands cupped together and say, "I have a pie-pie," or, "I have two pie-pies."

The alligator in the corner of the living room is still there and gets almost daily offerings of food. It is funny to walk into the living room and find almost like a little shrine of offerings to the imaginary alligator - a bowl of cheerios, the lid to one of her toys (probably used as a "plate"), etc. He is apparently a very hungry alligator.

On the flip side of the imagination is that she is suddenly more fearful of random things. For two mornings last week she didn't want me to put her down when we woke up in the morning. She said something like, "There's no snakes out there." I think she had bad dreams to that effect. She has learned the word "scared" and will tell us almost daily about something or another that she has decided that she is "scared" of. Today it was the blinds. On Friday I took her to the grocery store and as I carried her into the store a car passed us in the parking lot. She latched on chimpanzee style until it went past and then she leaned up and said, "I'm a little scared of cars and trucks." Not a bad thing to be scared of I guess, but I actually had to stifle a chuckle at the way she said it. She is so cute sometimes.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers