Tuesday, July 12, 2011
She said
Penny cracks us up these days. She'll make her animals talk, but like she's reading a book. For example, she'll hold Mr. Bear and make him say something, but it will come out like this: "Hello, I'm Mr. Bear, he said." And then Blue Dino might say, "Hello, I'm Blue Dino, she replied." It is hysterical to listen to. The first time I noticed her doing this was back and Thanksgiving when Chris and Carrie were down. We were over at my mom's house and Carrie had taken her shoes off. Penny kept putting Carrie's shoes on and walking around in them. Carrie had left the room, and Penny took her shoes across the living room, and Chris and I witnessed Penny say, "Oh, no! Where'd my shoes go?, said Aunt Carrie." He and I laughed so hard. She doesn't talk in "book-speak" all the time, but it makes me laugh every time she does it. In general, though, the level of imagination has been ramped up to 11 now. At meal times she regales us with these tremendous run-on sentence stream of conciousness stories that make absolutely no sense. We have to be careful not to laugh too hard or she'll get embarassed and run and hide, but if we do our best to keep our faces impassive, yet interested, she'll go on and on and on about some of the craziest stuff. It is so much fun to listen to -- and kind of alarming, like, is that really what's going on in her head all the time when she isn't talking? Lol!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment