Thursday, November 20, 2008

Frustrations

The last several nights have been really frustrating - so I'm posting so I can vent. Penny won't go to sleep without a meltdown first. And she won't go to sleep before 11 pm at the earliest. It starts with a nursing strike. She refuses to eat around 7 and starts crying the minute her head hits the boppy - even though she has no problem eating the rest of the day. And a bottle isn't the solution either, because once again, she'll take a bottle at other times of the day but when she's in this mood she won't do it. So, you'd assume she's just not hungry right? But no -she's acting like she's really very hungry, gnawing on everything in sight. So the next assumption is she's too tired to eat and she needs a nap. This seems to be right because we can get her to go to sleep. But she won't stay asleep. The minute you put her down she wakes up crying - and acting hungry, but if you try to feed her she completely melts down. She's too fussy to play with. Nothing makes her happy. It's like she's hungry but too tired to eat and tired but to hungry to sleep, so what do you do? I end up spending my entire evening from 7 until after 11 alternating between trying to feed her and trying to get her to sleep and I end up so tired and having accomplished nothing that I needed to do. I really hope that this is a phase that will end soon, because I was really enjoying it when she was going to sleep at 9 with little or no fuss. I would love to know what changed.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

She could be teething. Tessa is teething now and I know it can start earlier in some babies. She wakes up at 2:30am almost every morning for the last three weeks. Good luck, I know how frustrating it is.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers