
A couple six-month portraits of Penny. This is her new hat "Aunt" Elaine made for her.

She can pretty much stand on her own if she's holding onto something. Unfortunately, the bars of her activity gym aren't the sturdiest things in the world for her to practice on. She tried pulling up on them to sit up, but they just sort of bent back on her. Oh well, I'm sure it won't be long before she figures out how to pull up on the couch or something else instead.
Today she had her six-month check-up at the doctor's office. He pronounced her to be "perfect" and said we make his job easy because there is nothing wrong with her. She weighs 14 lbs 2 oz and is 25 inches long/tall.
The only thing I have to report is that she does have a milk intolerance - when I drink milk (or eat any kind of dairy products) it gives her (to use a polite euphemism) an "upset stomach" and lots of spit up too. But after a few days of no dairy, everything is fine again. It's hard to go dairy free though. Milk is in everything! I did find a wonderful recipe for a dairy-free chocolate cake that is awesome. The thing I miss the most is chocolate - especially with Valentine's Day coming up. I know that I could eat chocolate that didn't have milk in it, but that kind of chocolate messes with my heart so there's pretty much a no-win situation there. Oh well. I do enjoy nursing tremendously, so I don't mind having to make adjustments. Now if I could just stop the weight free-fall - ten pounds off my pre-pregnancy weight so far. In my defense, I'd lost all my pregnancy weight plus three more at my 6 week post-partum visit, so it's not like it is a recent thing. It's been ongoing, but what a great excuse to eat an entire non-dairy chocolate cake all by my lonesome. Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment