Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Jokes

The last couple of days Penny has been trying out humor on us. I don't mean knock-knock jokes or anything, but sometimes she'll say something wrong or out of left field and clearly thinks she is being funny. One of our going to bed books is Moo, Baa, La-La-La and I she likes for me to read it as a "call and response" book. I'll say, " A cow says...." and pause for her to answer, "Moo" and so forth. Last night I said that and she answered, "Oink." with this really mischievous glint in her eye. Oh, and earlier in the afternoon yesterday at the playground she got the same mischievous look coming down the slide as she said "one more time" clearly intending to go down much more than one more time. This afternoon she was reading "Biscuit." The story goes like, "It's time for bed Biscuit. Woof woof. Biscuit wants a drink," or various and sundry other things that keep him from actually going to bed. Well, she was sitting in the dining room floor "reading" the book to herself while I was in the kitchen getting supper ready. She "read" a couple pages correctly, but then instead of saying "it's time for bed," she goes, "it's time for shampoo Biscuit" (it's pronounced shaaaaaam. poo. in Penny parlance). She immediately looked up at me with a huge grin on her face to see if I would laugh. I think this is so funny that she is developing a sense of humor and trying to make us laugh.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers