Yesterday morning is fairly representative of where we are with potty training. Penny told me upon waking up that she needed to pee-pee and that she wanted to sit on the little white potty. I checked her diaper and she was dry which means that she had not peed overnight and had a full bladder. I got her undressed and she practically dragged me into the bathroom. She sat on her potty, and then directed me to sit on the big potty so I did. Once I did though, she got up and peed on the floor. This is pretty typical of her. She “knows” to sit on the potty, but somehow she always seems to end up peeing on the floor instead. What is up with that? She did much the same thing this morning only I was standing up brushing my teeth this time.
I think she is ready to potty train. She is dry overnight most nights and for long periods of time during the day and often (though not every time) will say something to us before having to go. So. How do I get her to pee in the potty instead of near the potty? When she goes on the floor, I always say, “That’s ok. You can pee-pee in the potty next time.” But, now when she spills water on the floor or sees standing water she wants to wipe it up, and I’ve heard her say to herself, “that’s ok. Pee-pee in the potty next time.” So I think there is still some kind of connection missing there.
Whatever. I'm sure she'll make the connection just in time for us to move and then we'll get to deal with all the associated setbacks. Fun times.
No comments:
Post a Comment