Monday, September 22, 2008
Bluegrass Rules!
After reading about my nephew Owen's 80's Dance Party the other night I felt compelled to report on P's own musical preferences. When she as about 5 weeks old I was listening to my IPod at night to help me stay awake during the middle of the night feedings and I noticed that it seemed like she could hear the music coming out of my ear buds. I started bouncing her along to the beat of the music (after she was done eating of course) - whatever I happened to be listening to at the time - and I noticed that she seemed to like some things better than others. She liked anything with a good dance beat to it, Outkast, Maroon 5, etc., but not so much James Blunt or Lauren Hill. But I noticed that she especially liked this Ricky Skaggs CD "Ancient Tones", and more particularly the faster bluegrass songs on it. So, now I play the CD on the dvd player in the living room if she gets fussy and "dance" with her. If she's fussing because she's tired, she stops crying within 20 seconds and usually goes to sleep in under 5 minutes. It's hilarious. I think it is really funny too that they market all this really slow quiet classical and new age music for babies, but Penny doesn't really appreciate any of that. It has to be loud and fast to have any effect. Kids these days. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment