Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Catfish
In other Earnest family news, Catfish's eye is doing better. He got an eye infection as a result of a normally occurring virus that got out of control due to stress (likely because of all the changes with the new baby). The infection got bad enough that his eye became ulcerated - he had 3 ulcers on it. The vet said he was not quite at the tipping point to losing his eye but if we didn't act he would soon be there. So, for almost a month now we've been giving him 3 different eye drops 10 minutes apart 4 times a day. Two weeks ago we had a check up and the ulcers are much better, but I have to say that his eye still looks awful. At that time we got a fourth eye drop to give him twice a day. I also put some powder stuff on his food in the morning and at night. He has another check up on Thursday, so I hope it will be significantly better. He's such a good kitty though. He never minds having to have eye drops. He's the coolest cat I've ever met, and the vet's all think so too. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment