
On another exciting front - Tray and I received two front carriers (Snugli brand) from our friend Kelly. She's having twins and people are giving her all sorts of things. She wound up with four carriers (and I believe already had one from her first daughter), so she was very generous and gave us two of them - one for me and one for Tray. We plan to cook them dinner sometimes after the babies are born to reciprocate.
Anyway, I love my new Snugli. Yesterday I had my six-week postpartum visit (which went great by the way) and tried to carry her in her car seat. I will NEVER, EVER, EVER do that again. My arms were about to fall off. I was literally shaking and almost in tears by the time I made it back to my car after the appointment. Why they make those things so heavy I have no idea. You'd have to be a bodybuilder to carry her, and Penny isn't that heavy!
I have a Hotsling which I have used, but only when she was already asleep. She doesn't much like laying horizontally and she can't really see out of it and it is kind of small, so if she is awake she will protest about being in it (to put it mildly). However, I have used this Snugli yesterday all through her afternoon/evening fussy period to great effect and she is in it now as I type.
Kelly said her Baby Bjorn was probably the single most useful thing she had with her first daughter - even more so than a crib, and I could see that being true. When P is fussy I can just pop her in the Snugli and do my thing. Even if she continues fussing, at least she is fussing hands-free! :)
1 comment:
She looks so cozy and happy. That was really awesome of your friend to offer those to you.
Post a Comment